Monday, July 5, 2010

Pike Place and the 4th

Ok, so I decided that as much as I enjoy reading my family's blogs, I should probably do a better job of keeping up on mine- especially since this is the closest I get to keeping a journal lately.

How quickly life goes by, when I posted last, the boys were finishing their junior year in high school, hadn't applied to colleges and were getting excited to finish school... well, fast forward a year! Oh my heavens, how fast that went! Now, we know that Blake is going into the Navy in January, Carl leaves for the University of Idaho next month, M&M are 1/2 through sixth grade, swim team has more than doubled in size, Jarett is still working on search at Corbis, we have another teenager living with us, and life never seems to slow down.

That is until this weekend. Brook, Mark, Allie, & Braxton came to play for the 4th and this week. We had a BBQ at Pat & Terry's last night, watched Marysville explode, or at least that's what it looks like, and finished the weekend with a trip to the Pike Place Market. Perfect weekend! I absolutely love my family- near and far, and enjoy spending time with them when they are in town... on tap for the rest of the week- bonfire, swimming, and wandering who knows where else!

1 comment:

rebecca said...

i so wish i could be there! have a blast!